- Marda, V., & Narayan, S. On the importance of ethnographic methods in AI research, Nature Machine Intelligence 3, 187 - 189; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/s42256-021-00323-0. [PDF]
- Marda, V., & Narayan, S. Data in New Delhi’s Predictive Policing System, FAT* ’20: Proceedings of the 2020 Conference on Fairness, Accountability, and Transparency, January 2020, DOI 10.1145/3351095.3372865. [PDF]
- Cath, C., Latonero, M., Marda, V. and Pakzad, R. 2020. Leap of FATE: Human Rights as a Complementary Framework for AI Policy and Practice, Proceedings of the 2020 Conference on Fairness, Accountability, and Transparency, 702. FAT* ’20. Barcelona, Spain: Association for Computing Machinery. doi:10.1145/3351095.3375665.
- Marda, V. Artificial Intelligence Policy in India: A framework for engaging the limits of data-driven decision making, Philosophical Transactions A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, October 2018, DOI 10.1098/rsta.2018.0087.
Lockwood, G., & Marda, V. Harassment in the Workplace : The Legal Context, "JURISPRUDENCE", The International Association of Law and Politics, September 2014. ISSN 1392-6195.
- Marda, V. Papering over the cracks: On “Privacy v. Health”, in Taylor, L.; Sharma, G; Martin, A.K.; Jameson, S.M. (eds) Data Justice and COVID-19: Global Perspectives. London: Meatspace Press, 2020.
- Marda, V. Ethical Standards in Autonomous Systems (forthcoming) in Sridhar, V (ed) Data Centric Living: Algorithms, Digitization and Regulation. New Delhi: Routledge, 2022.
- Daly, A., Hagendorff, T., Hui, L., Mann, M., Marda, V., Wagner, B., and Wang, W. AI, Governance and Ethics: Global Perspectives. (forthcoming) in Constitutional Challenges in the Algorithmic Society, edited by Oreste Pollicino and Giovanni de Gregorio. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2020. [Draft]
- Marda, V. Introduction to Global Information Society Watch 2019 on Artificial Intelligence: human rights, social justice and development. APC, ARTICLE 19, and Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA), 2019.
- Prasad, M., & Marda, V. Interrogating “smartness”: A case study on the caste and gender blind spots of the smart sanitation project in Pune, India. Global Information Society Watch 2019.